Alresford Golf Club was founded in 1890 and remains a traditional ‘members’ club, organised and run through the Management Committee, Captain’s Committee and with a full time Secretary / Manager. There are currently approximately 625 playing members; 425 are Men, 110 are Ladies and 90 Juniors/Intermediates/Students, mostly in full time education. The club also has around 50 social members drawn from the town who do not play golf but have full use of the clubhouse facilities.
This is an ideal time to apply for membership of the club as we currently have a limited number of vacancies in most categories of membership.
Alresford GC has a wide range of members, with a high proportion coming from the town and the surrounding villages. However the easy access from the M3 and A31 have meant that many more newer members come from up to 30 minutes drive time away from the club. For example Alton (15 mins), Farnham (30 mins), Winchester (10 mins), Basingstoke (25 mins) and even Southampton (20 min).
By joining as a playing member you are entitled to our full range of facilities as follows;
- Unlimited use throughout the year (subject to 5 or 7 day restriction) of our highly regarded and well maintained course with a newly installed computerised irrigation system for tees, greens and approaches.
- Practice range and other facilities including chipping green, putting green, practice bunkers, driving nets and covered bays.
- Membership swipe card, which enables you to benefit from discounted bar and bar food prices
- Clubhouse facilities with improved changing rooms and showers.
- A wide Competitive and Social golf calendar reflecting all golfing abilities from low to high handicaps. Many competitions are held with regular mid-week and monthly Medals and Stablefords for all categories and age group of golfer. Other competitions are played in singles, pairs, fours and mixed formats as well as a popular summer team competition. Ladies, Mens and Vets sections offer ‘roll-up’ times weekly and monthly to enable members and new members the opportunity to form new playing groups.
- Regular social events organised by the Social Committee throughout the year; quiz nights, BBQ, New Year’s Eve Dinner Dance, Burns Night Dinner, Vets Dinner, Presentation Evening, St.George’s Day Dinner to name but a few.
- Excellent bar and catering services with theme evenings, Sunday lunches and daily ‘specials board’.
Membership is split into several categories; Seven Day, Five Day, Winter, Country, Overseas, Juniors , Academy, Social, Social Extra, Intermediates and Students.
The club has an Academy membership category, aimed at people new to golf and without either previous club experience or a handicap and who wish to sample club golf without incurring a joining fee (the joining fee being payable if, and when, the Academy member subsequently takes up the option of full membership). This category will be limited to a maximum of 10 people each year. Please ask the General Manager for specific details on this category.
Winter Membership (when available) allows play between November 1st and 31st March, offering many of the benefits of full membership during that period.
There are two categories of Social membership. The basic social membership is available to those who do not wish to partake of the golf club’s golf facilities but who wish to come along, as members, to social functions and have the use of the clubhouse facilities. There is also an enhanced Social Extra membership category available which gives Social Extra members an opportunity to use our excellent practice facilities for themselves and family members.
Members should ensure that they are displaying the appropriate badge on their golf bag (see below) and that the current year’s sticker is present to show that subscriptions have been paid.
To assist members in identifying the different bag tags and their membership category, examples follow:
What is required to become a member ?
Ideally new applicants will have a proposer and seconder from the club, but this is not essential and if you do not know anyone at the club please just state as such. We would also like you to have a previous club handicap but once again this is not essential. We may require that a prospective new member plays a round of golf with a Committee member before progressing their application.
We would advise complete beginners to enrol on a course of lessons with our Professionals before joining, or join as an Academy Member. We require any new Juniors to have had lessons with our Professionals before applying to join.
Every prospective new member will be asked to attend an interview with the appropriate Captain and General Manager where he or she can raise questions they may have.
Membership Fees 2022
View our current fees: Membership Fees 2022
If you wish to become a member, please complete our Membership Application